How have the skills you have learned so far in this unit (dribbling ,stopping, tapping and striking) been useful in game play? Why is spacing so important in the game of soccer?
Rules of Badminton
Volleyball unit quiz study guide
You should be able to Label the following on a picture:
-10ft line (3meter line)
2.What are two serving violations?
3. What are three on court violations (after the serve)
4. Please list the three basic ways to contact (hit) the ball
5. In a game of volleyball your team rotates clockwise after winning a point when the other team was serving. True or false
6. In a game there is one person on each team who is allowed to talk to the referee. Who is he/she ?
7. Identify the Bicep, triceps , deltoid, and forearm in the above picture.(draw an arrow pointing to each).
8. Why do you stretch and warm up before exercise?
9. Identify what a deltoids, triceps, bicep, quadriceps, hamstring, and lower back, stretches .
Short essay potential question
Volleyball, like many other team sports, is a game of cooperation and communication. Why is court communication and teamwork necessary to for any good volleyball team. In you responses please identify on court language players need to use. Also speak about one on court (in PE class or at ACAMIS) experience in which team communication and cooperation had a positive outcome.
Activity log reflection (week of October 21) : Explain the importance of cooperation and communication in volleyball. Give examples of how you have worked to include cooperation and communication when playing volleyball in class. Key words: -teamwork -injury -sportsmanship -competitive -good sport
Short essay make up assignment for missing activity logs. In no more than 150 words and no less than 100 words answer the following questions: 1. What do you think you most improved upon in this swimming unit? How did you think achieved this improvement? Tell story about your favorite experience in the pool. -USE THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SHORT ESSAY. -MAKE UP ESSAYS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER MIDNIGHT ON OCTOBER 17TH. -PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME AND GRADE. - IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL ACTIVITY LOGS TO DATE YOU MAY USE THIS ESSAY AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EARN BONUS MARKS.
VOLLEYBALL KEY VOCABULARY: NET 2 METER LINE SPIKE UNDERARM/HAND SERVE OVERHEAD SERVE BUMP/DIG FLATBED PLATFORM SERVE CARRIED BALL FOOT FAULT SET COURT TIME OUT FOREHAND PASS TRAJECTORY NET TOUCH/ VIOLATION LOW/SHORT SERVE BACK COURT FRONT COURT POST MIDDLE BLOCK REFEREE SCORE BACK SET
LOG WEEK # 4 (Sept 16-24) Activity Log reflection prompt : Explain the effects of physical activity on heart rates and recovery rates (take you heart rate before and after vigorous activity).
PE classes are designed to give students the opportunity to learn, develop, and strengthen skills and knowledge of various sports and physical activities. We will be exploring different sports and activities throughout the year. Health, fitness, and nutrition will be ongoing topics in several units during the school year. The class includes both activity and lecture sessions.
- We will start and end the year with swimming.
- Racket sports (table tennis and badminton).
- Indoor and Outdoor games.
- Health, fitness, and nutrition will be ongoing throughout the year.
- Summative and formative assessments: skills and knowledge based assessments based on written, demonstrative, and oral performance.
- 60%Participation (sportsmanship, teamwork and attention to fair play), 20% Skills tasks, 20% Written tasks (activity logs, vocabulary quizzes, spots knowledge)
- Instill in students the values and skills of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Help students comprehend strategies and rules in playing.
- Teach students to work as a team and develop interpersonal skills.
- Help students develop good sportsmanship skills and a healthy competitive spirit.
Participate to the best of YOUR abilities. Students are expected to bring a change of clothes specifically for PE class. They can wear clothing such as; shorts, t-shirt (long sleeve or short), sweat pants, athletic tights, athletic pants, running shoes or trainers, and socks. Students should then change back into their regular attire after washing (a towel is recommended for this purpose). Students will be expected to perform in skill and knowledge based assessments. YES, this includes quizzes, tests, and homework. Please see above.
Also students will need a 3 ring binder for handouts, vocabulary sheets, and activity logs. Please have this by Monday August 19th (this can be purchased and most stationary stores and Book city has them as well)
Making up classes and late to class....
If a student misses class for any reason at all, they will receive a zero for that day (1% of participation grade). Students can make up a class by doing one of the following activities during any "B" day lunch period; jog around the track, jump rope or participate in an ACTIVE activity. To make up a class students must participate in one of the above mentioned activities for a total of 40 minutes. This can be done over several lunch periods. After a quarter ends, students cannot make up classes from the previous quarter.
Additionally, if a student is consistently late the result will be a deduction from the participation portion of their grade at a rate of 1% per three late classes. This cannot be made up. If you are late for a legitimate reason (I.e. you were held back in the previous class) please speak to me at the end of the class and, on a case by case basis, we can account for this in you attendance record.